1. Date the punishment was imposed: August 25, 2017
2. Recipient of the punishment: Tong, ○○, responsible person of the conduct by CTBC Bank Co., Ltd.
3. Legal basis of the punishment: Article 36-1 of the Securities and Exchange Act, subparagraph 7, paragraph 1, Article 30 of the Regulations Governing the Acquisition and Disposal of Assets by Public Companies.
4. Facts of the violation and reasons: CTBC Bank Co., Ltd., Singapore Branch disposed of a certain credit asset valued at USD10 million on May 15, 2017. However, the Company failed to make the announcement and filing within 2 days from the occurrence of such event. It is deemed as a violation against subparagraph 7, paragraph 1, Article 30 of the Regulations Governing the Acquisition and Disposal of Assets by Public Companies in effect at the moment of the conduct.
5. The disciplinary action: Responsible person of both conducts by the Company is charged with the punishment of an administrative fine of NTD240,000 pursuant to subparagraph 7, paragraph 1, Article 178 and Article 179 of the Securities and Exchange Act.
Contact Office: Chen, Hsiang-yin, Section Chief, Corporate Finance Division of Securities and Futures Bureau
Contact Numbers: 2774-7120
Please send your inquiry to: http://fscmail.fsc.gov.tw/FSC-SPS/SPSB/SPSB01002.aspx